Farid currently holds the position of Secretary General to the Board of Directors of Dubai World reporting directly to the Chairman, HE Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem. Dubai world was established by a decree issued by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President & Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai in March 2006 to become the holding company of the operating Government Department and Business Units owned by Government of Dubai under the Chairmanship of HE Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem.
Farid’s responsibilities generally include the following:
- Undertaking the function of Secretary to the Board of Directors.
- Representing Dubai World on the Local, Regional and International arena, to include International conferences and economic forums.
- Managing the Protocol of the Chairman’s office with regards to delegations, organizing meetings, visitors, speeches and presentations.
- Coordinating the discussions of the Board Issues and follow up on activities.
- Participating in the Board of Directors of associate companies, organizations, establishments and support the strategic development plans.
- Coordinating and prepare periodical reports needed for the Executive Council of Government of Dubai and HH the Rulers Courts.
- Supporting and coordinating the development of the corporate image of Dubai World and associated organizations.
- Leading Corporate Services and enhancing their functionality and the support provided to the Business Units.
- Participating in the strategic development of the Human Resources namely: Training & Development, Performance Management and Succession Planning.In addition to his responsibilities mentioned above, Farid represents Dubai on international arena through participation in conferences promoting the Brand Identity of “Dubai Inc.”. He is a Member of International Advisory Board of the City of Rotterdam, Holland and has represented Dubai on various International forums.
Prior to joining Dubai World, Farid held the position of Senior General Manager, UAE Operations at Ducab. Ducab is manufacturing organization specialized in manufacturing of power cables and related accessories with facilities in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. In his role he has been responsible for setting the strategic direction for Ducab including the Manufacturing, Technical, Financial and Sales & Marketing. Farid has been the key driver in maximizing the growth of Ducab both locally and internationally particularly in setting guidelines for relationships with Government Authorities and major customers.
Farid has always been a key promoter of Quality and Environment. He is one of the founding Board Members of Dubai Quality Group and the first UAE National Chairman of the Group. Farid remains a permanent Member of the Board in an advisory capacity. Farid is also an advisor to Emirates Environmental Group. His involvement is noted in setting the Article of Association and strategic directions of both organizations.
Farid holds a Master Degree in Quality Management from University of Wollongong, Australia, a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana State University, USA. He also has attended Advanced Management Development program at INSEAD, France, Leadership Development Program at University of Ashridge, UK and Human Resources Development program at Cranfield University, UK. Among others Farid has participated as a Member of Technical Governance of Dubai Municipality Best Practice Award for Civil Societies. He is an Assessor of Dubai Quality Award and Government of Dubai Excellence Award as well as the Sh Mohammed Award for Small & Medium Enterprises.