The Chairman recognizes that:
- Good corporate governance enhances Business performance of Business Units and contributes to managing risk and Business Continuity
- Superior share price performance depends on the quality of Corporate Governance processes
- Strong investor response and sentiment is directly linked to perception of how well Dubai World is governed
- Long term low-cost access to capital is dependent upon the Governance principles and practices adopted by Dubai World
- The Dubai Vision under the guidance of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Vice President & Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai is best served by good Corporate Governance practices
Therefore, in view of this recognition the Chairman stands committed to the full development of Corporate Governance principles, practices, processes, and policies and its robust implementation in Dubai World.